The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What was that I heard?

It started out as a whisper. I couldn't quite make it out. Then it got a little louder... 'da da da da' .... 'da da da da'. Nathaniel babbled his first consonants last Wed. (March 28th). Kevin said he heard it the day before, but wasn't sure. When he came home from lunch and I told him about it he then said I confirmed what he thought he heard. It is funny because when he starts to say it he still starts out whispering it. He hasn't added any other letters yet (no p, m or b). Usually 'da da da' turns in to a raspberry sound or other experimental sound. Lately there has even been a higher pitch babble added to his repertoire.

Now back to 'da da da'... What happened to 'ma ma ma'??? ;) I'd feel bad except he doesn't know what he is saying. The actual content relation will come in the next few months. At least that is what I tell myself to feel better. Regardless, it is so cool to see him develop all these new sounds. Before being a parent I would have never imagined there were so many different ways to babble.  Once I can actually capture his new talking I will post a video.

No comments: