The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pregnant?

No not me silly! Gotcha! I figured this was a fun way to let everyone know that Nathaniel loves pickles. :) He can almost say the word too. Every once in awhile this kid surprises me with a love of some food that I hadn't thought about giving him. I guess I need to start experimenting more. I definitely get in a food rut with him. It is so easy to just give him stuff I know he likes and is easy to prepare.
 
Beyond the pickles he still LOVES fruit. Almost all fruit. Bananas are so so and cherries aren't going over well this season, but everything else is fair game... melons, strawberries, peaches, grapes.... he especially loves blueberries and pears. Meat is murder is still his mantra (more proof that he is my kid) Ok ok, he doesn't quite say that, but meat is still spit out. Veggies go over quite well too. Carrots, broccoli, green beans, peas, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers. He doesn't like potatoes, even with cheese on them. But, he will eat an occasional french fry (if I bend and give him a few). Pancakes, waffles, Macaroni and cheese, cheese quesadilla and scrambled eggs are his favorite main entree. Occasionally he likes noodles and red sauce. He snacks on crackers, veggie stix, wheat chex, O's, smoothies, yogurt, but his most requested is tortilla chips. He still likes a lot of milk throughout the day and he gets a pouch or two of pureed mixes.
 
I know kind of boring, but I figured a few years from now I won't remember what he liked (what am I saying I probably won't remember a month from now) Pickles are still one of the biggest surprises for me. Oh I guess he likes sucking on lemons too... maybe the sour thing is his thing.
 
I amost forgot and guess I should mention that the only ice cream he has tried that he likes is mint chip (granted we haven't had a lot of ice cream, but chocolate and cake batter were duds)

No comments: