The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2014

Take me out

to the ballgame... take me out with the crowd .. buy me some peanuts ... Of course, there are a million things (well maybe a thousand) (actually maybe a hundred, my memory is starting to go) I remember about my childhood, but one of the most consistent is baseball.  My dad has always been a baseball fan for as long as I can remember.  I know he loved it growing up and still does.  It may seem weird that listening to a baseball game on the radio in an old tan ranchero brings about a smile instead of a boring eye roll to a little girl, but it does.  I tease about it, but it is a piece of my childhood with my dad that feels like home.  We had baseball on the radio a lot and we had it on the tv as well.  Dodger Blue is what I remember cheering on - this was before Phx had a team. 

We didn't just listen and watch baseball, we went to batting cages all the time too. I still have a great time going to a batting cage.  I remember playing in the park when my dad had softball games.  Baseball is just in my dad's blood.  I guess since I have a little bit of that blood I have a soft spot for baseball too.  

As I got older I enjoyed grabbing a beer and watching a spring training game, or a real game.  The first thing that comes to our minds when thinking of a present for him is tickets to a ball game, or a shirt with his favorite team logo.  It shouldn't be any surprise to me that Nate likes to throw rocks.  I think baseball will be in his blood too (Kevin liked to play baseball too so I guess he will have a little influence haha). 

Well, my dad just added to my fond memories of him and I and baseball when he came to visit.  He bought Nathaniel his first glove and ball.  I can't tell you how much I loved that...it's one of those things that you imagine and when it happens it is better than you imagine.  It happened quick and fast and I'm sure no one even noticed how much it meant to me, but it did!  My dad had bought Nate a brewers outfit (Nice of him to think of Kevin) and he has bought him Dbacks stuff.... but the glove and ball just felt so cool.  I remember thinking when we found out we were going to have a boy that my dad would have someone to throw the ball to (not that he couldn't to a girl, but you know what I mean)... Anyway, we did a lot of fun things in Seattle (Pike Place Market, Snoqualmie Falls, The Aquarium, Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island, Monorail ride, drinking beers and visiting and playing play doh), but I will definitely remember Nate getting his first baseball glove from Grandpa Davis the most :)  

No comments: