The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2014

3 Year Appointment


9/30 - He was born and was 21 inches tall and 8 lbs 7 oz
10/11 - He was 11 days old and was 21 inches tall and 8 lbs 9 oz
10/24 - He was 3 and 3/7 wks old and was 21 3/4 inches tall and 9 lbs 9 oz
12/1 - He is 2 months old and 24 inches tall and 11 lbs 10 oz
1/20 - He is 3 1/2 months old and 25 3/4 inches tall and 14 lbs 8 oz
3/30 - He is 6 months old and 27 inches tall and 17 lbs 4 oz
6/28 - He is a lil under 9 months old and 28 3/4 inches tall and 20 lbs 12 oz
10/1 - He just turned one and is 30 3/4 inches tall and 22 lbs 11 oz
1/3 - He is 15 months old and 32 1/4 inches tall and almost 24 lbs
4/1 - He is 18 months old and 33 inches tall and 24 lbs 15 oz
10/17 - He is 2 years old and 34 1/2 inches tall and 29 lbs
10/3/2014 - He is 3 years old 38 inches tall and 35 pounds.

3, 3, 3 year appointment... wow... I was thinking back to the first trip to the pediatricians office.  I was all hunchy and slow from the c-section.  I was a little overwhelmed and nervous.  I didn't touch anything or anyone because I didn't want my perfect little guy to get cooties.  And now, here we are 3 years later at a NEW office.  

Starting all over looking for doctors etc. is not my favorite thing.  It is always harder than I think to find information, good information.  Usually it is 2 people complaining about something at an office etc etc.  Nothing overly helpful to make good decisions from.  Sometimes I get good leads from somewhere and then go and look at those websites.  We never know a ton of people right away so it is hard to get a lot of good 'word of mouth' recommendations.  Anyway, you get it - not fun.  One of the first things I did when Nate started preschool was hit up the other moms for some info.  One pediatrician office came up quite a bit so we went there.

Pediatric Associates Inc. ... our old office was Pediatric associates of Franklin.  Is it a sign? Or just coincidence? Or is every office everywhere named that?  The assistant in the front office mentioned that picking a male doctor was good sometimes for boys so as they get older they will feel comfortable talking to them - I had never thought about that, but figured, maybe - so I picked a youngish male doctor that went to Yale (the office is fairly big and they have a lot of off hours and weekend appts so I like that)  Anyway, back to Yale - that is where Rory from Gilmore Girls went so I figured it was another sign.  I know, I know Rory really wanted to go to Harvard, but Yale ended up being the best choice ;) 

The appointment day finally arrived.  Nathaniel, true to form, wasn't super excited to be somewhere having a stranger look at him.  He even tried to negotiate a few times (more on his stellar negotiation tactics later).  The doctor was very nice and seemed to be great with kids (you hope so right) We were pretty much in and out.  Nothing to crazy to report.    I hated that I didn't really have any questions either - I like questions - NO, I LOVE questions.  The doctor wasn't rushed or anything, I just really didn't have much.  Basically, Nate looks to be in great health (so grateful, so grateful, so grateful)!!!!

I know some things I'd like to do before his 4 year appt since this year kind of got away from us with all of the chaos. More structured reading/learning time, less tv, hopefully get him involved in a sport (hopefully a little sluggers or maybe gymnastics - soccer might be a little confrontational for him, he is a cautious guy, we will see) Regardless, I am so so happy we had another healthy year and here is to hoping this pediatrician and office works out great!

No comments: