The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hi my old friend

Hello is there anybody out there... just blog if you can hear me...  urgh I'm so mad at myself.  Not sure why I haven't blogged.. lots of excuses , but no real reason ... lazy at night, too many day naps ;), too many chores at night, he is growing up so fast I can barely keep up... who knows.  All I know is I hate that I'm not blogging. hate hate hate it.  It is one of the few things I really really enjoy doing (writing) and it helps me keep a little bit of me during the busy preschooler days.  

And boy are they busy.  I often think how nice it'd be for Nate to have a live in playmate... well that isn't Mocha or Kona haha.  He wants to play and isn't quite ready to be independent so that means I'm his best friend (which I love), but doesn't give me much free time to get anything else done during the day.  Of course 98% of the time it's a great fun, but I won't lie, there are a few mornings I wish I could finish one cup of coffee before playing.  Now he still naps, which is awesome and I hope by typing this I don't jinx myself, but I usually eat and watch a show (you know the shows Kevin won't watch) and have some downtime during that time.  For some reason it is like the twilight zone though - that time just zips by.. an hour feels like 5 min.  The dogs get a little one on one time then too - snuggling with the pups is always one of my favorite (and necessary) things to do.  

The weather is starting to get nicer and we have already been going outside more. I've seen more bees already - BOOO! He started baseball (more on that later... hopefully... don't hold your breath, but hopefully).  It is amazing how much he is taking in and asking about and he really is starting to crack me up.  He does things on purpose to make me laugh, cracks me up.  It wasn't like before where he just did funny things by accident, he knows he is being silly.  For instance, he beat me to the garage to go to preschool and he had the dog cone on his head (I have big dogs so it covered his entire head and face).  He turns to me and says I want to wear this hat to school and he was all serious...  and then busted out laughing.  

He LOVES school still too.  He is finally getting a little more social at school - At least that is what the teachers feedback is.  He gets excited for show and share every tues. - He loves to pick out something.  Which brings me to his latest hobby SPACE.  He brought a solar system model in one week and space books from the library the next week.  It's possible the other kids are bored with his show and share ;) He is really into space right now though.  Which as you could guess I don't mind - I'll talk science any time!! 

It's pretty cool how he can name all the planets and just gets so excited to talk about them.  He knows the proper order from the sun etc. etc.  I've also learned stuff - I can't wait to relearn all the little stuff I've forgotten over the years.  That might be one of the most fun things about parenting - learning.  I had no idea how many moons Jupiter had or that the spot on Neptune is a storm as big as the Earth. 

I was trying to think what he was really into before SPACE, but I can't remember... hhmmm  I mean he has been obsessed with Easter eggs since visiting Arizona in Feb.  He loves putting stuff in them and opening them.  Marbles, bouncy balls.. whatever.  We've have probably hidden and opened a million eggs since Feb.  Also, that kid peeks when you hide them ... lil sucker :)  

So many milestones... too many to remember as I write this right now.... First Birthday party with a kid from school, first time playing an organized sport (tball), first time going to the bathroom solo (although this doesn't happen a lot, but it happened)  I may coddle him more than I should still ... c'mon he is an only child.  First time traveling with only me on an airplane (Feb to AZ) and he was awesome (once again I hope I don't jinx myself for the next trip)... First time swinging on a big boy swing alone and liking it... I'll remember more, but that's a start

There are two side note things: 1) He insists on taking his shoes off immediately when he gets home, I mean I can't even get in the door and they are off and 2) He loves to say, "Why do you always want to (fill in the blank)"  This is usually not a good thing...  Here are some examples "Why do you always want to go to the bathroom before nap" "Why do you always want to see baby animals" "Why do you always want to go to bed""Why do you always want me to wear sweet shirts"... basically anything he doesn't want to do... so funny.  He says it in the most whiney voice too.

Ok well there is a quick update.  Like I said, hopefully more to come.... and more specific not so much in one post.

No comments: