The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Possible Performer??

This kid loves to jam to music.  We usually start the day off by dancing and listening to some music videos.  Sometimes I'm allowed to join in sometimes he wants the stage to himself.  If he doesn't want me to jam with him he will say something like 'go get lunch ready mom' (remember the last post... I'm actually making breakfast usually)

So what kind of songs am I letting him dance to... hhhmm probably a lot of unapproved ones (well unapproved by the better parents)... whoops.  Sometimes he wants to jam to the Vacation Bible school songs, sometimes it is Taylor Swift.  Lots of Taylor Swift.  Shake it off and Bad Blood are his favorites right now.  He throws in a Pharell 'Happy' a lot.  He dances like a crazy kid to Bruno Mars 'Uptown Funk'.  Lately, he likes Maroon 5.  I can't argue with that logic.   See what happens is once you start a song on YouTube (or YoubaTuba as Nate would call it) other videos just start playing - that is how Maroon 5 got in to the mix. Once Again I see how YouTube can quickly get kids to the dark side and require lots of oversight.

Nate recently started playing with his umbrella.  Swinging it around, hanging it in various places... bothering the dogs... etc. Well, when I saw him dancing with it I couldn't help but show him the classic 'Dancing in the rain - Singing in the rain' with Gene Kelly.  He loved it.  Kind of cool.  So now he performs with props haha.

Does life get any better than just free styling it with your 3 year old in the morning??  It is fun to have dance parties - I get why all parents do it now.  I should add a lot of his dancing and singing occur while he is jumping on his trampoline.  Remember this all happens pretty early - could it be two night owls produced a a morning owl??? So.Much.Energy.  Don't forget to dance and sing in the morning - Nate won't!

No comments: