The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Catch-up March

I know it has been quite an abbreviated version, but here goes a quick recap of March.

- I was filling out a 'baby belly' memory book and realized I'm quite a boring pregnant person thus far.  I haven't had morning sickness, no food aversions or cravings, not overly hormonal (Kevin may disagree that I haven't been moody hahaha, but I don't think any more than normal).... so I am thanking thanking thanking the pregnancy fairies for an easy pregnancy so far.  I do appreciate an afternoon nap here and there, but then again maybe I always liked afternoon naps and now I can just blame them on baby Hahm :) 
3/18 - 2nd Ultrasound to do some genetic screening tests and overall health check.  We could see the little heart blob beating at a rapid pace - very cool! The video below shows our little baby Hahm (aka 'baby skeletor') waving to the world for the first time.  

Weekend 3/18 - We decided to tell our immediate families since things seemed to be going in the right direction.  We shared the news by emailing all of the parents 3 videos from our ultrasound.  The news and the content of the email was quite a surprise as I am pretty sure they had all given up on us ever having kids (I mean kid).  It was a great feeling sharing this exciting (life changing) news.  Now, I'd be lying if I didn't tell you how while I'm excited I'm equally SCARED of the whole process. 

- We have slowly been sharing the news with our closest friends.  I get a little chatty when I'm telling these folks because it just feels like I have held in this secret for so so long.  I appreciate that everyone indulges me and listens. 

1 comment:

Kiera and Joe said...

I LOVE that video and I LOVE your blog :) I am a blogging fool so I will be your 3rd biggest fan, right behind your mom and sister. I am so happy for you guys and I am here to help with advice anytime!!!