The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Showing Off

Two of my VERY favorite people in the world

The Fourth of July had many exciting fireworks this year. It started off on July 3rd with my sister coming for a visit from Arizona. YaY. If you remember we visited Arizona just a bit ago (I still need to write a real blog entry for that trip). Well, Nathaniel decided to show off at Aunt Krista's and start crawling. The army man crawl. He has become a master at that technique. He can get around pretty fast. It is a true army man crawl where he gets his legs and arms going. Occasionally, he gets on all fours with his stomach off the ground and rocks back and forth. Of course since my sister was here in Nashville he decided to show off again for her. He took the rocking back and forth to another level and started a real crawl. So July 4th was his first real crawl moves. He would go about 2-3 moves and then revert back to army crawling. By the end of her visit he was going a lot more than 2-3 moves and is becoming quite efficient at that type of crawling. Here is a quick video below. We have some better ones, but this was a quick one on the iPhone :)

It was fun having my sister here for the 4th. We actually went and watched real fireworks on a blanket in a park and everything. Kevin stayed home to watch Nathaniel (Although Nathaniel was almost in bed when we left and Kevin rented 'Act of Valor' to watch and had a Samuel Adams to enjoy so I'm pretty sure he had a good time too)
This is his 'old man' face ... he does this lately and it is so goofy




Nathaniel also had his first high chair experience in a restaurant. We had been using his infant carseat in a restaurant for his seat, but since we now are using a convertible car seat that isn't an option any longer (hhhmmm have I mentioned that yet? He has transitioned to the next carseat). I have my new floppy seat to put over the high chair so we decided to try out. My sister and I headed to Bosco's for happy hour appetizers since we were hungry. Here is a picture of Nate enjoying a teething biscuit sitting in the high chair (And no he doesn't have any teeth yet so he was just gumming the biscuit). He was showing off as usual and was super good. He just hung out in the high chair while we enjoyed our snacks and didn't even get too squirrely.


This showing off continued at a few other restaurants we went to while my sister was in town. He loves looking at the people at the other tables. His head looks like it is on a swivel as he glances from one side to the other. The people around us seem to get a kick out of him looking at their tables. If I stare at a table next to us they think I'm creepy, but if Nate does the exact same thing apparently it is cute ;) Looking at people and eating Organic cheerio like snacks kept him pretty occupied while we ate. He only gets a little antsy towards the end when he lets you know he is ready to go.

My sister left yesterday afternoon :( It was so nice to hang out. Nate is going to miss his Aunt showering him with snuggles and playing with him. He was even a good boy while she babysat while me and Kevin ran an errand. Actually, I was a little insulted he didn't cry or anything while we were gone - isn't he suppose to have separation anxiety from us at this age?!? haha, I'm glad he isn't showing signs of that, but it is a little insulting ;)

He poses as he crawls.  This is his crawl-crawl-crawl-pose look

Kevin and Nate at Arrington Vineyards

Aunt Krista and Nate at Arrington Vineyards


Aunt Krista and Nate in downtown Franklin, TN.

No comments: