The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tummy Time = Bummer Time

We have not even come close to giving Nathaniel the recommended amount of tummy time. We are slackers when it comes to this... You are suppose to do it a lot and from the moment you get home from hospital. The poor little guy will never develop his neck muscles and motor skills if we have anything to do with it.

I have been so bad about it because he looks so miserable doing tummy time. He just lays there on his face and cries :( I position his arms and stuff to help him, but he is still so sad. Plus, he almost always spits up when he is on his stomach. So then he is crying laying in his own spit up. This is not a pretty scene. I'd rather have him on his back smiling at me. I have tried various time frames after eating to see if it would help with the spit up, but so far he still does it no matter what. It is like a mine field of wet spots by the time we are done with tummy time.

I bought a tummy time exercise mat to help, but he isn't liking that much more. It is a little cloth surf board with a chest pillow to help him build up his arms (baby push ups) and neck muscles. Hopefully after a couple more times he will like it more.

As he is getting older we are stepping up our efforts - even though it is a big **bummer** of a time for everyone. I'm sure we didn't help ourselves by not getting him used to it early on - wish us (and Baby Nate) some big time, tummy time luck!


No comments: