The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

1 Year Appt


 
The stats.

9/30 - He was born and was 21 inches tall and 8 lbs 7 oz
10/11 - He was 11 days old and was 21 inches tall and 8 lbs 9 oz
10/24 - He was 3 and 3/7 wks old and was 21 3/4 inches tall and 9 lbs 9 oz
12/1 - He is 2 months old and 24 inches tall and 11 lbs 10 oz
1/20 - He is 3 1/2 months old and 25 3/4 inches tall and 14 lbs 8 oz
3/30 - He is 6 months old and 27 inches tall and 17 lbs 4 oz
6/28 - He is a lil under 9 months old and 28 3/4 inches tall and 20 lbs 12 oz
10/1 - He just turned one and is 30 3/4 inches tall and 22 lbs 11 oz


Nathaniel had his next big appt - his one year appt. He of course got more shots. 
 
 
Side note: They have a chicken pox vaccine.  I told Kevin those must be pretty new since we didn't get those.  The nurse then said she got one. That is when I realized she must think we're old.
 
Ok, back to the appt. He seemed to rebound well from the shots and didn't cry for very long. He was back to his happy self pretty quickly. We even went out for dinner afterwards at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel with Kevin's parents for their last night in Nashville. Nathaniel had to get his iron levels tested again since they were low last time. This time he met the min. requirement so we can stop giving him the vitamins with extra iron. I was happy his level went back up. He didn't like the finger prick and the blood collection very much. I played the Hot Dog song from the Mickey Mouse clubhouse on my iPhone and the whole world got a little brighter :) 

They performed an eye test. It was this weird camera looking thing that had bird sounds so that he would look straight into the machine. They measure a few things and look for disease or something (I'm not entirely sure what it all covered), but I do know everything came back looking good. If I remember I am going to ask for the details at the next appt. just for my own curiosity. Usually I'm better about getting all the details, but just wasn't on my game I guess!

The rest of the appt was pretty standard and everything looked great. Yay!
 
 
I was thinking back to our very first appt with him. We were so tired and so new to everything - it was a blur. He seemed so fragile. I shed some tears when he got his first shots (now I'm a trooper and I look away and just cringe). Those big tears, that I rarely see, make me so sad. It is crazy that it has been a year and how much more confident we are as parents and how *not* confident we are for the next year :)


No comments: