The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 7, 2013

ABC's and 123's


Nathaniel's favorite song right now is the ABC song.  He sings it in the car, he sings it in the bathroom changing station at the store (which I hate, gross, but use anyway), he sings it in his crib when he wakes up.... pretty much anywhere.  Like everything else I'm sure this will end within a few days (days feel like years to a toddler I think).  I'm just impressed he can actually rattle it off at all. Granted he doesn't sing it perfectly and the LMNOP section he kind of just makes some 'uh uh uh' sounds that go fast like it does in the song.  I'm just happy he seems to be picking up on some of the stuff we talk about ;)  Just when I think he isn't listening to me he will start singing something I didn't know he knew... haha

The minute I try to tape it he stops, but maybe over the weekend we can get one good take of him singing.  

There isn't as common of a song for the 123's is there? Well, maybe ladybug picnic. Because of this I've always made it a point to count the stairs everyday as we go down them.  Why not, right?  Take advantage of every learning opportunity possible.  There are sixteen stairs and now he seems to be counting pretty good to sixteen.  Let's hope everything he will ever have to count only goes to 16 since it is all downhill after that :)  It's another one of those things I wasn't sure if he even listened, but glad he was .....now if I can get Kevin, Kona and Mocha to listen!

No comments: