The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 9, 2013

Mommy/Daddy


The sweet sweet sound of Nathaniel saying Mommy and Daddy.  It is music to my ears.  He has said mom and dad, or some form there of, for awhile, but never actively.  He'd say it here or there if he really needed or wanted something.  He has always ALWAYS said dad more often (98% more).  When Kevin leaves or gets home from work is where he has used it most consistently.  He gets super excited and says it over and over when he hears the garage (or sees the dogs run over to the door).  But, once Kevin comes in he never really calls him that a lot.

I figured he never really said mom too much because I was always there.  He was probably thinking 'Why would I waste my words when you are 2 feet away at all times - saying mom is just redundant' :)  

But, lately he has been using *Mommy* and *Daddy* in lots of different everyday scenarios.  I guess he has decided that he likes the sound of that form of the word.  Even if he is saying 'Lie down mommy' or 'More show please mommy (in his whiney voice)' or 'No diaper change mommy' all I hear is 'wanh wanh mommy' 'mommy wanh wanh wanh' 'wanh mommy wanh' (in snoopy's teacher's voice).  

I can listen to him say mommy all day long and it is especially cute hearing him say 'Bye Bye daddy' when Kevin leaves for work.  It is about time those words have made it into our everyday conversatioins.  I LOVE hearing it!!

No comments: