The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Storage and Stores


I recently realized two things (well probably more, but 2 for now) that made me *sigh*

The first thing is that I'm officially not shopping in the baby section anymore when I go to the store.  I have officially moved to the toddler section.  He has been in 2T/3T shirts for awhile, but he could still wear the 18/24 month shorts.  I held on for a little while longer through the summer - Holding on to the thought of Nate as a tiny baby.  Now that it is pant season the 18/24 month size are too short (granted they still fit in the waist, but they are high waters) Sooooooo, we are buying 2T pants.... wanh wanh .... no more baby section.  The baby boy section had more selection than the toddler section so it is a little depressing.  Apparently, little boys can't dress cutesy once they reach toddlerhood.  On the flip side Nathaniel can dress like a little hipster.  GAP thinks that once you hit toddlerhood you graduate to hipster status.  There are mustard yellow skinny jeans that are just screaming Nate's name :)  I tease a little, not everything has been superheroes or super hipster some of the fall/winter clothes for his size have been extra cute.  I'm sure he will hate me when he is older, but I love the 'old man' looking sweaters for his age.  Maybe I should start a tumblr page called 'toddler in old man sweaters' haha (I'm pretty sure my sister will be the only one laughing at this)

Ok, the second thing... *sigh* I put away all of his onesies in storage.  He hasn't worn them for awhile, but I went through a drawer to make room for his new fall/winter things.  I hadn't really thought about it.  I never processed the fact that we are all done with onesies.  Onesies were Kevin's favorite outfit.  He could actually dress Nate. ;)  Babies are sure cute in those things.  Those quick magical 3 snaps at the bottom that made diaper changes a breeze.  The little rompers were even better. Those were basically just onesies on steroids.  Little boys look very cute in rompers.  I bought his first little nautical romper with my sister at the GAP in AZ when we visited.  When you think about onesies it is a little funny that you can run around in something that for all intents and purposes has no pants, yet, people think you look adorable with your little chubby legs.  Whoever (whomever?) invented the onesie was a genius (I feel like I read once that Gerber owned the name and it has become generalized like Kleenex did for a tissue)     

Bye Onesies and Rompers I will miss you.  Here is a small sampling.... *sigh*


Look at those squishy chubby legs



Romper 

You could even have cute crabs on your onesie bottom

Modeling a romper


No comments: