The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2014

No Diapers

Ok so the headline is a little misleading.  Nathaniel has been potty trained for awhile, almost a year, but he has continued to wear a diaper when he sleeps (nap and at night).  Well (drum roll please) he isn't wearing them anymore during naps.  His choice.  Kevin and I have been kind of relaxed on this and one day he just decided he didn't want to wear them anymore during his nap.  I was skeptical at first, but he has been doing great.  Honestly, I haven't pushed it because I figured he might sleep better with it on.  I, of course, need to cut back on his liquid intake before he sleeps and make sure he tries to potty before he naps, but I'm impressed.  Mostly because he was the one who decided haha.  Now the less great news is that it seems like he may be growing out of his afternoon nap..... YIKES.  I have no idea what we will do with ourselves.  That is my *me* time.  I usually eat lunch and watch some show Kevin hates or nap myself.  

He is taking a nap as I write this though so lets hope I have a bit longer to enjoy some free time.  

No comments: