The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Duds Instead of Suds

I give up. It seems a little early to give up, but I think I do. My intentions are good. I just want Nathaniel to have a bath time blast. In an effort to ensure a bath time blast I have bought several seemingly super cool bath toys. A whale that squirts water out of his spout while flashing lights. A fish that swims and pulls along a baby fish. A penguin on a boat that glides along the water. Doesn't that sound like a blast? All of these mechanical toys have turned out to be stupid. Do I just have bad luck with bath toys or do bath toys not live up to expectations? HHHmmmm please weigh in if you have similar examples.
 
The blue whale stopped blowing water out his spout so I figured it was in need of a battery change. When I opened the *sealed* battery compartment a gush of gooby water flowed out on to the counter. The batteries were corroded. I cleaned it out, changed the batteries... no luck. Even when it was working the toy was only mildly amusing. The one time it caught Nate's attention it squirted him in the face.
 
The fish that pulls along a baby fish works by winding up a knob. You set it in the water and watch his fins flap and swim. Only one fin worked so it just would swim in circles... if at all.
 
The last of the duds is the penguin on a boat that skims the water. You pull his string, set him in the water and watch him go. This one actually works but the string sends him about 2 inches. By the time you point out the penguin to Nathaniel it has already stopped going. After doing this 3 stooges routine roughly 10 times - "Wind, Nate look, Hold on, wind, Nate look, hold on, wind, Nate look, hold on' I gave up. Why make a bath toy that skims the water for 2 seconds.
 
All duds! All of them. I guess regular ol' splish splash sploshing will have to do.
 
Mom thinks she buys cool toys... hahahahahaha .. that is funny!
 
 
 

No comments: