The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day

My second Mother's Day has come and gone.  I'm still super duper thankful I became a mom.  It really is cool.  It's cooler than I even imagined on my best pregnant days.  Yes, I have been forced to become a morning person (while still being a night person so I'm tired).  It is unfortunate I'm tired because Nathaniel has always been a good sleeper, it is my own fault.  Yes, I feel like I've washed one million sippy cups.  Yes, everything I do takes longer (except showers of course those I rush through at a world record pace).  Yes, watching someone eat (pickily) 3 times a day is not exactly FUN.  Yes, diapers are gross (but not really that gross honestly).  Yes, leisurely shopping is a thing of the past.  Yes, we eat dinner at restaurants at 5:00 to beat the crowds.  Yes, reading the same story 10 times a day isn't exactly building my literary genius.  Yes, being around boogery kids at a library story time isn't exactly a germophobe's dream day.  Yes, acting excited about rocks for the umpteenth time in one afternoon isn't exactly curing cancer. 
 
 
But No, I can't think of my life any other way... or better in any other way (the hugs, the kisses, the adorable laugh, the speed running, the hand holding, etc etc etc).  (I take that back winning the lottery this weekend - its at $600M - might be nice) ;)  Ok ok, I take that back... having Nate is like winning the lottery.  It really is - Thank you Nathaniel for making me a mom.  
 
 
On Mother's Day I decided I wanted to take Nathaniel out for his first ice cream.  He doesn't get much sugar.  Mean mom I know.  Here is us eating our ice cream.  Guess what... he didn't really like it.  I think because it was soooo cold.  It was cake batter ice cream.  I even gave him a taste of brownie batter.  Both were duds.  Kevin declared that he must not be his kid.  I told my mom that and she said he couldn't be her grandchild.  Sweet toothes do run rampant in both our families.  I take after my dad though and don't really have much of a sweet tooth (maybe he is like Grandpa Davis).  Time will tell though, we'll see if his anti-sweet tooth lasts.... my guess is no.
 
Happy (late) Mother's Day.  I love you mom! Thanks for doing all of the above for and with me. Miss You.
 
 

No comments: