The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Peek a Boo 2.0

Nathaniel is officially *hiding* for fun. For a while he has kind of hid behind the couch and I'd tease that he was hiding.... he would laugh and then move on to something else. Well, the other day at Steinmart we were goofing around the clothing racks and he backed up in between two racks of shirts. I was walking by and he jumped out at me and then giggled hysterically. He meant to wait and jump out. He hadn't ever done that except by accident.
 
To test it out I've asked a couple times to go hide at home. He runs off and goes behind something. Now granted he isn't the world's best hiding spot picker outer yet, but it is a fun new game. His ability to stay in one spot for longer than 5 seconds is also a hard part of this new game. He starts peering out from wherever he is as you get close. Once you make eye contact he gets a huge smile and then runs off super speed.
 
Nate Note: We went to a toddler gymnastics class today at Let it Shine Gymnastics. It is a real gymnastics facility, but they of course gear the class to 12-24 month olds. We rolled down triangle shape mats. We jumped on trampolines. Big trampolines, which was actually way more fun for me than him. He could swing on a rope into a pit of sponges. He could bounce in a bounce house. And of course we did stretches. I thought he would love it because it was such an active activity versus story time type classes. Bbbuuuuttt, he mostly clung on to me. It was the first time we went there so he didn't know the teachers or other little people. I'm trying to decide if I want to actually do the class or not..... hhhhmmm.

No comments: