The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 2, 2013

52 Card Pick Up

I'm pretty sure I'm playing some variation of the 52 card pick up game constantly throughout the day. One of Nathaniel's favorite things to do is dump things on the floor and then leave. Blocks, stacking sets, flash cards, crayons, magnetic letters. There are piles of these things everywhere. It isn't that he doesn't know how to put them away either. He likes to put a bunch back in the bins and then dump them back out. It must be super fun to hear the sound or feel them fall all over your lap.
 
I can ask him to help ' put them away ' and he will put some away, but completely loses interest and is on to the next thing pretty quickly. That leaves me to pick up the rest. It's pointless to enforce it I figure because I'm not sure he gets that it is a bad thing to dump everything out. He has so much fun doing it that I think he thinks he is doing me a favor by allowing me to play too ;)
 
If you'd like to join in on the fun... feel free to find a few bowls in your cupboard and place them on the ground and then go get your sock bin and dump it (add giving a few pairs to the dog to run off with if you have a dog), maybe say the #s on the cards as you throw them down.... then run off laughing and smiling to the next activity... Ahhhh good times.

No comments: