The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 27, 2013

What is that doing there?

I feel like I'm constantly on some weird game show where I have to guess what might be behind door #1, cabinet #2 or in drawer #3. Or conversely, where might object X, Y or Z be located? Little Nathaniel likes to put stuff everywhere. He does it so quick. I feel like I'm always watching him, but stuff somehow gets snuck around the house. I know he partly gets a kick out of it, but a lot of it is pure exploring and toddlerhood. The best is when Kevin asks, 'Why are there toy eggs in the pantry'... well duh... 'that's where they go' ;)
 
Some of my finds over the last few days... package of mandarin oranges in the laundry and my nightstand... big juice behind the tv... tambourine in the tupperware cabinet.... my DSW reward members card in Mocha's cage... my magazine in the bathtub... kona's collar in his mickey scooter.... green chile can in the toybox... magnetic O's in all sorts of places (hiding the letter O is a hobby of Nate's)... plastic golf balls in my purse... puzzle pieces in my purse... dog dishes in shopping bags... lotion bottles in shoes...iphone headphones next to the toilet paper rolls...
 
It is fun to open drawers and cabinets and be surprised by what is in there. Little nuggets of whimsy add to the day. I mean how can you take life seriously when you find a dog harness and five fancy rocks next to your frying pan.

No comments: