The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

What a Good Dog

One of the craziest questions I'd get while pregnant was 'Are you keeping your dogs?'... I'll never understand that question. Why wouldn't I keep my dogs? Why does having a kid mean you can't have animals. Animals are actually great for kids (unless they are vicious) When I adopted my dogs, I adopted them thinking about 10-15 years down the road. If we had kids or moved or a lot of other things I was committed to them. I was committed to still making them a big part of the family no matter what. Yes, it takes extra planning to make sure they get walked, etc., but it is worth it. I enjoy their company and really can't imagine not having them around.
 
And here is a little example of why 'I kept my dogs even though we have a kid' Mocha is such a good kid dog!

1 comment:

Latricia and Daniel Gianino said...

In our house, we refer to stuffonmycat.com. It'd be stuffonmydog.com! :)