The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

18 month appt

9/30 - He was born and was 21 inches tall and 8 lbs 7 oz
10/11 - He was 11 days old and was 21 inches tall and 8 lbs 9 oz
10/24 - He was 3 and 3/7 wks old and was 21 3/4 inches tall and 9 lbs 9 oz
12/1 - He is 2 months old and 24 inches tall and 11 lbs 10 oz
1/20 - He is 3 1/2 months old and 25 3/4 inches tall and 14 lbs 8 oz
3/30 - He is 6 months old and 27 inches tall and 17 lbs 4 oz
6/28 - He is a lil under 9 months old and 28 3/4 inches tall and 20 lbs 12 oz
10/1 - He just turned one and is 30 3/4 inches tall and 22 lbs 11 oz
1/3 - He is 15 months old and 32 1/4 inches tall and almost 24 lbs
4/1 - He is 18 months old and 33 inches tall and 24 lbs 15 oz
 
 
The 18 month wellness check was on Monday. It was on April Fool's day so I kept telling Nathaniel that he wouldn't have to get a shot... then I would say 'April Fool's'. I'm so mean. Luckily (hopefully) he doesn't understand. He got his final vaccine of the newborn vaccines. He only had to get one on this trip. It is SSOOOOO nice to be done with vaccines (at least for awhile). He handled this one like a trooper. He fussed a bit, but no real tears. YAY. I'm sure I'm happier than he is. So glad not to have my little guy poked at the next visit. It is so stressful deciding to get vaccines and which ones and just hoping he doesn't have any adverse reactions. Besides a little sluggish and a slight fever all went well (knock on wood). Just glad to have it behind us.
 
 
We hit a big milestone. Now our next appointment isn't for 6 months instead of the usual 3. I am not sure how I feel about that happening. I kind of like checking in with an unbiased source every 3 months. I think I need someone to check my work. I was always the student running to the teacher to make sure my work was correct. I need that confirmation now too :) Not that the Dr. really says too much, but at least I leave knowing Nathaniel is healthy and on some sort of right track. At least from what the Dr. can tell in a 15 min appt.
 
 
We didn't have nearly as many questions for our Dr. this appt as we have had in the past. I'm not sure why. I guess things don't quite change as much as they did in that first year. We did want to double check his language skills with her. She said he looks and acts like a typical 18 month old and not to worry if he isn't saying as many words as we want. She just reassured us that he'll get there and boys can be slower. Why she isn't worried is because his receptive skills are just fine. Usually, if there are red flags with speech, the receptive skills are lacking at this point. I guess we will wait and see.
 
 
He is picking some funny words to start saying consistently... besides mom and dad.... he says choo choo and star.... out of all the words he hears on a daily basis ...he is saying those 2. Funny huh. Not dog or go or up... choo choo and star. He has 2 other words he says all the time, but I don't quite know what they are referring to. One might be about the dogs, but I can't be sure. He says 'na' for no. I'd rather he be saying 'yes' ;) He has some others, but I will wait until they are consistent and I'll start making a running list of Nate words *Word Fun with Nate*
 
 
Let's see... something I think I usually forget to mention about his Dr. visits is that he always measures big for head size. Apparently he has a big head! Let's hope his skull is bigger and thicker too since he tends to bump it more than I'd like. I'm sure he is normal, but for a first time mom every head bump (no matter how small) seems like a monumental emergency.
 
 
The next Dr. appt update will be at 2 years. 6 MONTHS AWAY - FOREVER!! But, no shots YAY

No comments: