The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 30, 2013

Things that make you go HHHHmmmm


On the way to Walmart and Target (to get some potty training stuff... more on that later...) something popped up in my head that I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of before.  I texted Kevin to double check my thinking.  He confirmed it and also couldn't believe he had never put the two together.  

Kevin and I got engaged in Washington at a little B&B in Port Angeles called Domaine Madeleine.  It was so beautiful there.  We hiked and explored Olympic National Park over the next few days.  Gorgeous scenery.  

10ish years later we found out Nathaniel existed and was due on Oct 5, 2011.  In my and Kevin's head we got engaged on Oct 5, 2001.  Pretty cool right?  I had never thought about it. 

I wasn't sure if I was right so I dug into our mementos and found the original airline tickets and B&B reservation... etc.  Kevin proposed on Oct 4th.... I know :( BUT he was supposed to and his plan was to do it the next day, but he couldn't wait.  So the story isn't quite perfect.  Regardless, it is kind of a neat thing.  

No comments: