The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Essentials ASAP

I got a quick text letting me know a friend's wife had her baby. She was due around a similar date as myself. I don't know any details really except that mom and baby are both doing great - YAY! Once I knew they were both alright it made me start thinking about if the same happened to me. I realized that I really need to buy some small essentials so that we'd be prepared and not have to stress out about the small stuff. I had a marathon shopping trip to Wal-Mart to pick up diapers, baby powder, baby body wash, some infant medicines and creams etc., plus I picked up some hospital essentials for myself for labor and delivery. It was quite weird to be deciding whether or not I should go for a butt paste or a butt cream for diaper rash or if I should buy max strength or just settle for regular strength. I also never thought I'd be considering if I should buy disposable underwear for the hospital (yes for myself!!)... these are things I was naive to never having given birth nor having been around a ton of pregnant people.... sometimes I still space out in amazement that this is happening (and happening soon EECK) While I didn't get everything on my list I do feel a bit more secure in our preparedness.

Our stroller and car seat were delivered today too - Woo Hoo. This means we can get Baby Hahm home from the hospital (a pretty important piece of the plan) I like the pattern even more in person than I did in the online pics. It is a black and white oversized plaid - we made sure it was safe too and not just cute :)  We haven't quite figured out how to get the carseat out of the base, haha, but to be fair we only tried for a minute and we had to run an errand. It should be fun to watch us put it in our car too! Sometimes our book smarts outweigh our street smarts making the seemingly obvious tasks escape us ;) I'm sure Kevin will disagree with that statement, but it is funny nonetheless. Here is a pic of our stroller/carseat.


No comments: