The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

The question is Dog or Baby

We were shopping around at Target the other day (we registered for a few things while we were there). One thing we didn't register for at Babies R Us were toys for Baby Hahm so we thought we'd take a look. As we were playing with all of the toys we noticed something, well we noticed quite a few things, but one thing for sure is that infant toys aren't very different from dog toys. A lot of the baby toys are made out of plastic, they are brightly colored, they squish and squeak, crackle and pop, they are easy to grab on to or hold. Seriously, I think I have seen several of these same items at PetSmart. Some are shaped like fake cell phones, purses or keys - all of which I've seen at the pet store. There are even teething toys that you put in the freezer so it feels good on the babies gums... yep they have chew toys for dogs that you can put in the freezer to keep them cool in the heat and interested in the sensation of the temperature. So the question is - Dog toy or Baby toy?

This is going to be quite interesting as Mocha runs around the house not knowing what is his or Baby Hahm's. Kona's toy of choice are squeaky toys so if any of Baby Hahm's toys make a squish noise it will be fun to watch Kona's face. It will take some effort to keep things separated. Mocha is going to have to get used to leaving certain things alone (WAAAY easier said than done since most things on the floor are his for the taking right now). I mean they really are similar, how are these poor dogs going to know. I'm already prepared to have a few lost/chewed toys. It really isn't a big deal, I know this is new routine for the dogs so I expect some fun chases around the house since they haven't had to share with a little human. To be honest I can't blame the dogs since I was surprised myself to see how similar the toys really are to each other. I guess one thing that I should do to prepare is learn how to sterilize the baby toys - I have a feeling I'll be fishing a few out of Mocha's mouth :)

No comments: