The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Growth spurt - What What?

Today I received my email about what happens during the 31st week.  Most of it is the routine stuff... this is where they tell you that you probably are experiencing a lack of sleep, probably weird pains, probably a zillion bathroom breaks, probably tons of baby movement, probably feeling Braxton Hicks contractions ... plus a few tips on how to feel a little better with all of those things and that it is all worth it in the end.  There are also some to do's I should probably be paying more attention to such as; find a pediatrician, start buying your hospital bag items, have your 'must have' baby items in house, prepare your birth plan, etc., but what I mostly noticed was this phrase, "This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt" .... A GROWTH SPURT.. first off spurt is a funny word and I giggle every time I say it.. hee hee... second, A GROWTH SPURT??  I can't handle any spurts.  My belly already feels full, one grape fills me up.  Where is this so called spurt going to place itself?  Plus, I figure Baby Hahm only needs a few more pounds so he might as well slowly add those over the next 6-8 weeks - NO spurts.  I had my first lecture with Baby Hahm about how slow and steady can win the race too :) 

spurt pretty much = stretch marks which = unhappy stacy, but I'm prepared for those since genetically I'm prone to them - BOO! 

On that note, it is hilarious at night when I use my Mama Bee Belly Balm.  To me this balm doesn't smell like much of anything and I have a super sniffer.  However, the dogs must think it smells like peanut butter or some other tasty treat.  I usually have to wait for them to fall asleep or be out of the room to use it.  If they get even a slight wif of it they are right there trying to lick the belly.  Kona looks up at me with this super cute look and sneaks in a quick belly lick.  Let's hope this balm at least curtails some of the spurty stretch marks!  

No comments: