The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Standing Upright

You guys have all seen those pictures that show man becoming bipedal, right? I know it is a theory on evolution, which you may or may not agree with, but it is this visual I need for you to think about as you picture me. I have now become that picture! 
 
 
As I get up from any seated position I start out doubly hunched over for at least the first 5 steps. I then progress to a slightly more upright position - simply just hunched over for the next 5 steps. I then progress to a tiny more upright and maybe my arms are closer to my sides instead of just hanging out loosely in front of me. Eventually after 5-10 minutes I start to resemble an upright standing human. Sadly, I look like I'm in slow motion to the average observer, but I feel like I am moving fast. I'm so proud once I'm moving. It isn't that my back hurts or anything it is just the overall stiffness and tightness. I'm afraid if I spring up I'll rip open or something - I know that isn't possible, but sure feels like it (like when the alien busts out of that guys chest in the movie 'Aliens') To avoid Baby Alien Hahm from ripping out of my belly this method is now my usual 'slow as molasses' routine. I hope no one has to go anywhere very fast ;)

No comments: