The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whooosh


That is me blowing the dust off the blog. Wowza does time fly when you are having fun, or Christmas, or shopping, or entertaining visitors, or giving belly rubs to the dog, or eating 10 lbs of chocolate. Have you forgotten what Nathaniel even looks like? It has been so long he must be in preschool by now. Or at least we should be interviewing preschools by now, right? We get enough flyers in the mail so I'm starting to think we should be interviewing preschools. Really, that isn't even a joke.

 
I'd post some pictures of Nathaniel, but we don't have any. All the pictures are just blurs shaped like a little boy. He doesn't stop moving. We have a fast camera and it still can't get pictures of him without some part of his body being blurred. I'm thinking of putting a pedometer on him out of curiosity. How many steps does this energizer boy take in a day? Up the stairs too (not down yet). If you have been to our house we have a few pretty good circular tracks that he uses. He circles the kitchen, the stairs and the dining room. He stops in varying rooms on occasion to grab some sort of gadget/object that he then walks around with and leaves in random spots. I've found a pair of my socks in the trash, shaving cream in the closet and sippy cup lids in the bath tub. He moves and moves fast.

 
It has been fun watching him explore as a bipedal while watching the reaction of our quadruped's. He is at the dog's height now so he gets a few kisses from Kona and some bumps from Mocha. When Mocha gets excited he tends to circle you - well that is fine except Nate doesn't quite have the balance of a statue yet so on occasion he loses his balance. If he is cranky he cries, if not he laughs. It is barely a tap so the little guy is just fine.

 
My hands are getting sore from the lack of typing I have done in a month so I better sign off... let's see if I stick to my resolution of blogging more in 2013... hahaha just kidding I didn't make any resolutions. (that might have been a good one though - I know the grandparents are getting antsy for some new pictures)

 
Happy New Year!

No comments: