The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Toddler Food Expansion Paradox

First of all, it seems weird to use the word toddler.  Is Nathaniel a toddler?  I don't know, probably, so I guess I'll use that term to describe my little baby boy.
 
 
Ok, to the topic at hand.  The toddler food expansion paradox.  It was just a hypothesis in the beginning, but now I'm convinced. The theory is that babies/toddlers can turn a tiny portion of food into a much larger portion through some sort of magic. A portion of food - through magic - ends up being 10x more than when it started once the food touches the toddler. The key is that the food has to touch the toddler for the expansion to occur. While the expansion part of the theory can clearly be seen, more research will have to be performed to figure out the exact mechanics of the magic.
 
For example - Nathaniel usually gets a little oatmeal around his mouth when I feed him in the morning. Let's say a little amount is roughly the size of a small pea. Somehow he can rub that little bit onto his hand and smear it on his eye, through his hair and by his ear. The oatmeal clearly multiplies. If I took that same amount off his face and rubbed it in my hair, eye and ear, I wouldn't even have enough to show up in my hair. Now, he has roughly 15 bites of oatmeal, let's say half of those are messy. This amounts to basically a full facial and hair mask by the time we are done eating. How does such a little amount of oatmeal end up everywhere. It seems impossible. Clearly toddler magic is happening.
 
Another example is spaghetti sauce. I barely add enough sauce to even have sauce on each noodle. But afterwards it looks like he had an entire jar of sauce. Seriously, I add probably 2/3 of an ice cube of sauce to about 15 noodles. That sauce is everywhere staining everything.
 
 
Have you experienced this? Is my toddler the only one that holds the power of food expansion magic? Overall, Nathaniel is a pretty clean eater, which is why I'm always amazed at how much still gets in his hair etc. I don't get it. How does such a little amount of food get everywhere..... I'm telling you toddler touch + *magic*

No comments: