The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Body Pillow

I started officially using my body pillow the last 2 nights.  This is that huge long pillow you can buy.  I didn't get a specialized pregnancy one, just the basic one at Target.  It is adding quite a bit of architecture to our normal sleeping routine.  It sort of puts a barrier between my side and Kevin's side.  This barrier in turn confuses the dogs - it is like they have to choose who they want to cuddle with each night.  Mocha has slept basically on the body pillow with me both nights, I guess he is like Switzerland and can't decide where to go or who to be loyal to.  Kona has slept by my legs each night - she is a moma's girl!  Now it is a little unfair since Kevin does tend to bug them until the point they leave his space and come over to mine, but I like to think that they just like me more.  I do think the oversize pillow is helping with the dull thigh pain I get at night.  I think my 'flipping' routine has decreased slightly the last 2 nights, but I need a little more data to draw any conclusion.  Oh and I'll let you know if Mocha ever chooses a side ;) 

No comments: