The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sheets and Pacifiers and Bottles oh my

Kevin and I browsed around BabiesRus today.  I started out strong and I ended hungry, dehydrated and ready to leave.  We have sort of focused on the major baby equipment so far (strollers, cribs, car seat, etc.) so today we thought we would glimpse at the other sections as well - you know the smaller items.  I can't believe how many options there are in some of these 'other' sections.  It is a little overwhelming the first time you look. 

First of all, we looked at mattress stuff.  After staring at the mattress pads versus the mattress covers we decided we could not tell any difference.  Did we need both?  2 pads maybe? It seemed ridiculous that you'd need a cover, than a pad, than a sheet, than a sheet saver... holy moly that is like 4 layers.  It is obvious I have never made up an actual crib before. 

After deciding to move on we headed over and saw the pacifier section.  WOW, who knew (unless you have a kid) that there are so many different kinds.  Not only are there all different shapes and sizes, but they have ages associated with them.  Huh?  All binkies aren't the same general thing? - that was eye opening!  I mean how different is your mouth between 3 months and 6 months.  I wonder if when I was a baby if they had this sort of selection, I'll have to ask my mom. 

Then that is when we noticed an entire aisle devoted to bottles.... I didn't even look.  I decided right then and there I needed to read a bit more on those and get some first hand advice.  This is a great chance to get advice and preferences from my friends. I mean there are freezer bags, sanitizers, warmers, bottles that are more like nature, short ones and tall ones and a gazillion choices in between....After today, I've decided I'd rather just pick out cute outfits and toys :) 

On a side note I finally made myself some banana pancakes this weekend - woo hoo!        

No comments: