The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Do I not look pregnant??

Ok, so I'm at the mall today (Using my $10 off $25 coupon at Macy's!!) and I decide to stroll to a few stores while I'm there.  After stopping for some pretzel sticks -YUM- I went to Motherhood Maternity.  

Quick tangent, it does feel a little strange to be in a tiny packed store with at least a dozen other pregnant ladies.  They squish an unbelievable amount of clothes in to that store.  It feels like a clique or cult or inner circle or something because everyone in there is at different stages of pregnancy all just bopping around in a blur.  I wonder how many actually feel good or are hungry or scared of what is coming...

Back to my story.  So I leave the Motherhood maternity store and walk about 15 feet.  This is when a guy from one of those vendor carts asks me, 'Do you smoke?' and I was like, 'No' and then as I walked off I looked down to see if I didn't look pregnant.  I am pretty positive I do and I just came from a maternity store.  I am thinking maybe the guy is just not observant and assumes I just eat too many pretzel sticks.  I start thinking to myself I wonder how many people can't tell I'm pregnant??  I feel like I bump out ALOT and my increasingly slow walk that sort of hinders on a waddle is kind of a giveaway too.  I did start to notice how many people wear baggier cloths or empire wastes and it does become a little hard to know which people are just wearing that style versus which of us have to wear that style.

Another quick tangent, I went in to Forever 21 to look for a stretchy summer dress - I was at least 10 years older than the oldest person in there (excluding the moms that were there to buy their high school or college aged girls some summer duds).  Wow, there wasn't one dress there I could wear I don't think... I guess I really CAN'T be 21 forever, at least not pregnant haha

No comments: