The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Appt #5 and the Incredible Shrinking Belly

I had my routine appt with my Doc today (Dr. Cindy Woodall).  It is the usual, weigh in like a wrestler, blood pressure and pee in a cup (sometimes I forget this part and just hope I saved up enough...).  The main purpose was to go over the results of my ~ 20 wk ultrasound from my last appt.  So far everything is right on track, heart had 4 chambers, spine looked good, all of the parts that could be seen I guess were there (you know fingers, toes, etc) and Baby Hahm appears to be growing right on schedule.  Baby Hahm was tumbling all about during the appt, but the heart rate was about 146.  My next appt is in 4 weeks and I have my glucose test.  Here is another pic from the ultrasound (video clips are coming, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the entire video to pick out the clips yet)

Look at the baby butt and foot.... hahaha



Now, for the story of the incredible shrinking belly.  It is amazing how I wake up and feel 20ish, almost 21 weeks pregnant, but I go to bed feeling 26 weeks pregnant (not that I actually know what that feels like, but I'm guessing).  It is the craziest thing.  I am wondering what I am storing up all day.  What the heck is in my belly.  And it is like magic I wake up and everything seems to be gone. Everything is all shrunk again.  This process happens every day.  I have been trying to find a correlation between what I eat or what I drink or how active I am that day, but nothing, there isn't a pattern.  It is every day.  At the end of the day I feel like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movie ... remember how he always said ..."Get in my belly".  I'm just glad I wake up shrunk again, well shrunk is relative these days - I guess I'm a pregnant shrunk.

No comments: