The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Shopping

Happy late Mother's Day.  Even though I'm only a half a mom at this point - I took the day off of blogging :)  I wasn't able to see my mom over mother's day, but my sister filled in for me. The hard part of living in TN is being so far away from family.  I'll admit that when we were out looking at some baby stuff this weekend I was a tiny bit jealous of all the daughters there with their mom and sisters.   

Yes, you read that right, we actually looked at some baby stuff this weekend.  There is a big sale at this place down the street next weekend so we went there to see if we should buy anything during that sale (crib, stroller, etc).  It was still hard to really decide on anything since we don't know the sex.  Since we won't be in town this weekend if we want anything the sales lady said we could get the sales price before we leave sat.  Well, this means we would have to do it Friday night after finding out the sex so we are thinking the best strategy is to put together a girl list and a boy list and we'll be set to decide quickly.  Now, we haven't for sure decided if we want anything since it still feels real early, but that is the plan for now (It is hard to not take advantage of a good sale).  In an effort to competitor shop pricing and quality we made the rounds to the typical places over the weekend (Babies R Us, Target, Sears, websites..).. 

By the end of looking at everything and the million safety concerns and recommendations that are listed for all the products we were interested in we started to wonder if just having an empty room and laying the baby in the middle of the room with ZERO things around would be the best option.  This method would certainly be cheaper.  oh oh oh I just thought of something while the baby is just laying in the middle of the carpet, we could add a motion sensor invisible fence that makes about a 1 ft perimeter around the baby so we can instantly run to the rescue if the baby makes a coo or any slight movement during the night.  Oh man I forgot about the chemicals in carpet - I'm not sure this is an option anymore either, the baby will somehow have to figure out how to hover above the carpet.  The packaging on the sleeping coozies they make for the baby so they can't move their arms while they sleep so that the sheet or whatever can't go over their head and suffocate them makes me chuckle a little bit.  I'm thinking the baby is in what I will now call a 'baby straight jacket' freaking out wondering why it can't move.  I know I know there is good and serious reasons for all of this stuff, just funny to see and think about - Kevin and I just laughed and wondered how we survived.  

No comments: