The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sneaky Dog

One of the spoiled things our dogs get to do is sleep with us at night on our bed.  I always allowed Mako on the bed pre-Kevin.  Then Kevin came in to the picture and liked cuddling with Mako at night too so that luxury continued.  When we got Kona obviously 2 dogs on a bed are a little different, but we couldn't resist and she was allowed up.  Now I'm so used to a doggily do by my feet at night I'm not sure I could sleep w/o that comfort.  So of course Mocha was grandfathered in to this sleeping habit of ours as well.

This is where the story starts with all 4 of us nestled in bed.  In the middle of the night I make what has become a routine trip to the restroom (thx little Hahm).  Now this has been a new part of the nightly routine for the dogs since usually there isn't a lot going on in the middle of the night.  I have learned that these dogs watch and observe everything and seem to know how to take advantage of good opportunities.  A good opportunity mixed with me being a sucker for their cuteness works for them on many occasions.  Well, Kona has a new thing she does every time I get up to use the restroom - Every time is not an understatement. 

I sleep with one pillow under my head and one beside me for comfort now that my back hurts a bit with the pregnancy.  Well, Kona has decided that the spot in between these pillows  (in the 90 degree angle spot) is an ideal sleeping condition for her.  When I leave the room it looks like no one is paying attention at all, but when I come back there is always a sneaky weimaraner in the space created by the two pillows.  Every night now I come back to this cute little circle shaped weimaraner in between my pillows.  It is amazing how she can form such a tight little snuggily circle so quick.  I get back every time and she acts like, "what, nothing new here to see".  The first couple of nights I made her get up and move, but now I realize her determination is stronger than mine so I just start with my pillow farther over so we both fit when I get back.  I know I'm a huge sucker.  But, to be fair I love having her all cuddled up with me so it kind of works for both of us.   

1 comment:

Kiera and Joe said...

This made me smile :) The things we do for our dogs!! And I can just picture that look on her face when you come back, like "what Mom, I have been here the entire time!" So funny!