The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kick, Poke, Pop

I started to feel a poke, pop, poke, during week 17/18.  I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was a kick or just digestive noises.  My intuition said kicks, but I had read that most first time moms can't tell the difference so I figured maybe I didn't know.  My ultrasound on May 13th confirmed my suspicions that it was indeed kicking because I could feel and see the kick at the same time.  It definitely catches me off guard at times when I least expect it.  It takes awhile to get used to the thought of something inside of me, alien like, moving around. 

I feel the movement most routinely when it is quiet or I'm lying down.  I try to figure out what position Baby Hahm is in, but my visualization skills aren't cutting it and I have no idea.  I know that this will be short lived since Baby Hahm will have less and less room to do the acrobatics so I can really figure out a pattern.

The dogs of course will lay on my stomach and I can feel Baby Hahm moving and I want to know if they can feel it.  They are so much more in tune with the environment so I can only assume they can.  Baby Hahm tends to kick more often when they are lying close.  Why do you think... cuz of a love for dogs already?? (probably not), maybe the warmth of the cuddle, maybe because I feel happy with a cuddle... hhhmm

A mother's joy begins when new life is
stirring inside...
when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the
very first time,
and a playful kick reminds her that she
is never alone.

No comments: