The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Birth Classes

We haven't signed up for a childbirth education class yet.  When I think about attending one of these I only have visions of parodies in my head (Sat. night live, comedy movies and tv shows)  You imagine some lady that is slightly strange teaching you to say 'heeee heee hooo hoo heee heee hoo hoo' or making you do belly circles with your husband.  Or Kevin or I passing out during all of the 'true to life' videos of real births.  I figure I don't want to see that gooiness when I go through it, why do I want to see someone else's gooiness... ?!?.  Or one of the tasks being me and Kevin staring into each other's eyes trying to reach a state of calmness LOL...

I have heard there is some very useful information and I do want a tour of the actual Labor and delivery part of the hospital.  It would be nice for Kevin to learn about what things he should be doing while I'm in pain.  Because of that and being first timers we will probably sign up - the next one starts in mid August for five 2 hour sessions. 

I was looking online today for possible DVD classes.  I was thinking we could avoid the in person classes and just buy an education series.  I haven't really found anything that seemed to really replace a class.  The DVDs were useful for certain types of birthing processes - all natural, hypnobbirth, Bradley method or Lamaze method...etc.  I will continue my search, but will probably opt for the real thing.

Kevin and I aren't the most social of couples so you just know we are going to be sitting next to that 'couple' that is all up in our grill about everything just like a comedy movie.  Where they tell us all kinds of personal things in super duper detail and want to share belly rubs ... 

Did you guys find these classes useful or did it seem like you had already read most of the information?

No comments: