The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How do I snuggle?

We headed upstairs to watch a movie on our Blu-ray player - the Blu-ray is upstairs since that tv is 1080.  This always throws the dogs off of their routine since they are used to us watching tv downstairs.  We all have spots on the couches downstairs for maximum comfort, but upstairs there is only one couch so this throws off the dynamic.  What usually happens is Mocha claims the dog bed and Kona claims a spot on the couch next to Kevin and I.  Kona is a little more snuggly on this couch for some reason so it has been funny as she has tried to snuggle on my lap.  I can see the wheels turning as she puts her head on my belly.... she is like hhhhmm this isn't comfy why is mom's belly so big?  It is all lumpy and my head just keeps falling off.  It was cute as she tried several different positions to find a good spot around the baby bump.  With a slight groan here and there she eventually found a spot that suited her.  Baby Hahm kicked her head a few times, but Kona didn't seem to notice.  I love the Kona snuggle so I'm glad she didn't give up on my new rounder figure.

No comments: