The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Sister's Big Day

I have heard this quote over the years and while it is simple it really describes the bare bones of having a sister, "The best thing about having a sister is that I always have a friend." ....  I see it as a friend who allows me to keep a piece of my childhood alive, a friend who has ABSOLUTELY seen me at my worst and best and hasn't held either against me, a friend who could easily find me in a huge dark room just because she is my sister and would know me,  a friend who I can laugh with uncontrollably about something unique to only us over and over and over again, a friend who I know wouldn't hesitate to stand up for me or be there for me, a friend who will point out something special about me that I may have forgotten during a particularly bad day... this list really could be never-ending, but it is hard to put in to words what a sister means in your life - I really can't imagine not having Krista around, really I can't... so with this sentiment I can't express how much it meant to me to be there on her wedding day.  She is officially a 'pair' now - Angelo and Krista got married on June 28.  (I don't have a lot of pictures, but will post some of the professional ones once they are complete)



The wedding was full of simple elegance.  From her classically beautiful dress and side swept hair, to the NY lounge style of the reception.  The ceremony room was romantically lit with a candle wall and a cream/white /silver color scheme that just felt ... right.  It just felt like Angelo and Krista as you walked in the room.  Everything ran smoothly as we transitioned to the reception area (to a specific Imogen Heap song).  There was colorful artwork on the walls that the color block flower arrangements played on throughout the room.  The artwork and flowers perfectly contrasted the edgy feel of the leather couches and fancy appetizers/dessert tables.  They kept the reception intimate and personal - they chose to  be surrounded by their closest friends and immediate family.  It was great to see them enjoying their moment.  I can only wish them the best as they enter this new chapter of their lives.  I know Krista has said that with Angelo she just knew he was special (or something similar and probably more romantic) so I'm so happy she is happy!  I'm still not sure Angelo knows what he got himself into becoming a part of our family ;-) (and I hope he knows that she is forever my lil sis even if she was all grown up and stunning in her wedding dress, I will see her as the girl playing care bears or singing in sunshine generation and my big sister instinct will always kick in and I wouldn't hesitate a moment to be there for her ...and now him)

Cheers to the happy couple !! 

On a side note: I'm pretty sure both of my parents are going to have a heart attack since Krista got married and they will soon have their first grandchild all in the same year!!! HAHA

No comments: