The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Middle of the night stroll

For the last week around 2-4am I am making a trip to the thermostat (if I happen to be keeping Kevin awake he gets to go).  This isn't necessarily a new thing, even not pregnant I would wake up hot on occasion I just think pregnancy makes it more uncomfortable. I wake up SO SO hot I can't stand it.  The temperature feels fine when I go to bed, but I wake up just dying.  Now, admittedly I sleep in a fortress of pillows and dogs.  I have pillows everywhere.  I may have a slight case of self diagnosed sciatica so I sleep on the opposite side of the pain and prop my legs up, etc etc. The pillow fortress is like a dogs dream, I wake up to their cute little heads taking advantage of various pillowy spots.  I used to be such a hard sleeper and now sleeping just isn't as relaxing .. between being hot and trying to curtail my pain it just isn't the same.  The silver lining is that Baby Hahm seems to be moving all the time.  When I do wake up apparently he does too.  I'll lay there and try to fall back asleep as he is rolling around and around - it catches me off guard when it is all quiet and then 'BAM, WOP, PUNCH' 

No comments: