The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day

I hope everyone has a bright and spectacular 4th of July.  We have spent the day painting the nursery.  We finally decided on a few colors - we probably won't finish today, but it is shaping up quite nicely. 

I was thinking about how in 1776 we declared our independence from Great Britain.  I think Kevin and I are doing the opposite this 4th of July... it is kind of like we are undeclaring our independence since from now on Baby Hahm may be directing all of our moves... early dinners, sleepless nights, demanding cuddles and diaper changes, pretty much demanding whatever he wants whenever ...  hhhmmm  I can see our freedom in the rearview mirror.  I know I know it will all be worth it, but it is a funny thought.  

No comments: