The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Timeline in perspective

Today I went to Hobby Lobby.  I wasn't necessarily looking for anything, I just wanted to get out of the house for a bit and I like looking at all of the crafty stuff there.  As I was halfway through the store I was suddenly in aisles of Christmas stuff - Christmas?!?  It seems early.  Then there was several aisles of Fall things - pumpkins, scarecrows, fall leaves.  I started thinking about how somewhere in between these seasonal items I'll be having Baby Hahm (well not literally haha).  I could feel every one of the beats of my heart  - my heart seemed liked it was beating so loud the other shoppers could hear and feel it.  Ok deep breaths, deep breaths.  Hobby Lobby really threw my pregnancy timeline into perspective in a visual (I can't escape) way.  I will be looking at some of this same Christmas stuff with a little baby in tow - WHAT, that seems crazy, doesn't it :) 

1 comment:

Kiera and Joe said...

Happy 28 weeks!! That is always so comforting to get to the 3rd trimester! You look great :) I LOVE the room!! Can't wait to see what it looks like once you get all the finishing touches in there. You will have to start looking at Halloween costumes too....the holiday has a whole new meaning once you have a little one to dress up. It's even more fun than dressing up the dogs :)