The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Due Date Apparently Approaching

I'll admit I'm getting as scared of labor as I am of not showing any signs of labor. I'm a roller coaster of 'let's get it over with' and 'no I don't want it to start'. I find myself paralyzed with fear on several occasions during the day and then sometimes not. My upcoming reality is being thrown in my face everywhere. Where I least expect a reminder .. Poof .. another reminder. Here are some examples: My mom's milk expires on my due date. The 10 day weather forecast now includes my due date. My bagels expire after my due date. Advertisements for shows are after my due date. A recent package I ordered will be delivered a day before my due date. These are just a few of the things I notice, but it makes me VERY aware of where I am on the timeline.

I know women go through this all the time and nature does it's thing, but boy it is getting harder and harder to believe as I look down at my stomach. It just doesn't seem feasible something so big and lumpy can fit out of anywhere. As each day goes by the more and more I'm in denial - but then these daily reminders keep popping up (stupid eggs just reminded me too since I have plenty of time after my due date to cook them up) YIKES ... I need some doggie therapy now, I'm going to go bug sleeping, cuddly Mocha and Kona and make them love me :)

No comments: