The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Random Thursday Thoughts

The day started out with me eating my usual bowl of cereal (you know to get those whole grains and fiber). As I was eating I noticed the dogs up to no good outside. I got to our back door and noticed Kona had a dead cardinal in her mouth - YUCK. It looked 'old' dead and not 'new' dead so I assume they found it in the yard and didn't actually catch it. I'm pretty sure Mocha didn't get his turn holding the dead bird - poor Mocha. Kona held the bird just like a good hunting dog would, she was barely holding it as not to crunch it, I'm sure she has no idea why she does that just instinct I guess. I didn't expect to be scooping up dead cardinal this morning though - GROSS.

I ventured out to run a few errands afterwards. While I was at the register I had one of my horrible side pains and let out a 'OUCH' and then slightly bent over. The cashier was like are you ok. I briefly mentioned how sometimes being pregnant is tiring. He said his wife gave birth in Sept and he remembers how hot she was the whole time. I left hunched over and basically calling it a day for errands. I did get to talk to my friend Kelly while I was out and about, which was a nice distraction.

A few hours passed (this mostly consisted of me laying on my left side to feel better, small chores and watching tv). Kevin got home and I stood outside watching (I mean cheering Kevin on as he took care of some doggie doodies) and within a minute I had 3 bug bites. I mean I usually get bit fast - always have - but my pregnant blood is like a beacon (not bacon haha) for bugs. Those little jerks, I'm so so itchy now.

One thing that happened today is that I actually feel hungry for dinner. I haven't really felt hungry in awhile. I don't necessarily feel like anything, but just feeling like food is a start. Although I primarily snacked today so that is probably more of the reason why...

I know not an exciting blog, but kind of a 'day in the life' of 35 week pregnant me.

No comments: