The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sleepless nights? No problem

I read a lot of tid bits here and there that talk about how exhausted you are once the baby is around mainly because you can't sleep through the night. I somewhat chuckle at how much emphasis this gets everywhere. You are constantly reminded to take naps every chance you can once the baby arrives instead of mopping the floors or doing the laundry ... (which brings me to a whole other subject - how much are people mopping and doing laundry that it is on your mind every day whereby you can't squeeze in ONE nap - I get that it is harder with multiple kids, but still..)

While I know it is true that the days of 8 hours of continuous sleep are gone for awhile I just don't think it will be much different than the amount of sleep I currently get. It has been months since I've slept. In part because I am a stomach sleeper so the days of my preferred position are long gone so that is a hard transition in itself, couple that with an increasingly bigger belly and it is hard to find any comfortable position. When I do fall asleep it isn't usually for more than an hour or two and then I'm up for awhile before falling back to sleep. When they say the baby will give you blocks of 2-4 hours that seems like an improvement than what I get now. It is a rare occasion I get more than 5 hours of TOTAL sleep a night. If I'm lucky I'll feel like taking a nap so I'll get an extra hour during the day.

I got to be honest the whole sleep thing is one of the things I am not worried about... Oh and don't get me wrong, it isn't that I'm not tired, I am just used to it.... I cannot wait for a full night of sleep... a girl can dream ...someday ... someday

No comments: