The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Under 30

I wish I was talking about my age. I wonder how different my pregnancy would be if I was under 30... owell we'll never know (plus I have had it pretty easy). What is under 30 is the # of days I have to go until my due date. I thought I'd know exactly when I hit the 30 day milestone, but I didn't notice until today that it says 29!! I mean I knew I was roughly 30 being that it is the start of Sept and I know I'm due the start of Oct... but yesterday passed me by. I think I was too excited about the weather - I AM STILL ENJOYING the wonderful breeze coming through the window.

Ok, back to the under 30. I felt a bit of panic today. There are still several things I need to do and I am just so much slower these days that what I want to do and what I can do aren't always in line. For instance, I have a suitcase in my closet and a few items in a bag next to it that I will bring to the hospital, but I surely don't have my bag packed and ready to go. There are definitely some essentials that still need to be purchased (more diapers maybe?), we are still missing a Glider type chair, I have a few projects for the nursery I haven't completed that I'd really like to before he comes (not that I have to, just want to), plus a printed birth plan, pre registration at the hospital not to mention all of the reading that I thought I'd have done and don't.... plus the other small things on the general house 'to-do' list that aren't really baby related.
 
 
Having said all of that... I guess I am not really panicking because I ended up being a couch potato all day :)
 
 
On to what I may be really panicking about - the pain of course! All of the uncomfortable weekly body checks coming up and then the ultimate marathon of pain and let's not forget the recovery. Not like you spit out the baby and your body is normal.... deep breath deep breath... Hi ho hi ho 29 days to go

Side Note: I am pretty sure Baby Hahm may have wiggled his way in to a new position. The usual kicks and hiccups seem to be in a different place today. I am just hoping he is going to cooperate and focus on getting back to the end zone.

No comments: