The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cool spring evenings on the patio

The weather is perfect for lounging on your favorite restaurant patios enjoying your favorite beverage.  The days are hot, but the early evenings have enough chill left to make it relaxing.  This is usually when I'm most excited for this years summer micro brews to start appearing.  A creamy hefeweizen with a hint of lemongrass or a crisp red.... YUM...   Well, this year is going to be different. 

I mean I can still enjoy the great weather, but it just really isn't any fun to go sit on the patio and watch Kevin drink a good frosty beer.  Plus, they usually don't have caffeine free sodas so I just drink water.  Yes, that is right it is me and Kevin sitting there while I drink water and he drinks beer... LAME.  If for some reason we couple dinner with this it might be ok, but the few times Kevin has asked me to go I just ate about an hour before so that hasn't worked either (my pregnancy eating schedule is every couple of hours).  We really aren't planners so our usual spontaneity in meeting for happy hours isn't going to work as well.  Needless to say, this is the start of me really missing drinking a cold beer on hot summer days.  

No comments: