The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Zoo babies are sooooo cute

Kevin took me on a bit of a midday date yesterday that included a nice lunch and then a trip to the Nashville Zoo.  I had been wanting to go forever and the weather was perfect, it is early spring so no bugs, plus there weren't any crowds on a random Tuesday.  One reason I had been wanting to go is that it had been pretty big news around Nashville when a baby giraffe was born.  The baby is now 5 months old and just as cute as ever.  As I was looking at the young giraffe I couldn't help but think about how her mom gave birth to a baby that was 5 ft 10 inches tall! Now that is a big baby.  I of course gave the mom a nod of respect as she walked by us :)


No comments: