The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fruits, vegetables and babies oh my

Ok, so every week I get an email about what fruit or vegetable is most similar to my babies current development size.  Olives, plums, lemons, etc.  At first it was cute, but now sometimes I find it comical.  For instance, I'm an onion now that I'm 17 weeks along - well last week I was an avocado.  Kevin said out loud what I was thinking, " what is the difference between an onion and avocado" ... I don't know.  Some future listings are bananas, hothouse cucumbers, cauliflower... rutabaga (huh?? isn't that a type of car).  Also, sometimes they throw in a similar weighing item.  This week my baby weighs what a turnip weighs.  I am not sure I've even ever held a turnip let alone remember how much it weighed.  They have countdowns and t-shirts that have these fruits and veggies listed.  Can you see me sporting around a t-shirt that says 'My baby is a cantaloupe"  I'll admit it does bring a quirky fun angle to pregnancy and I will be VERY VERY scared when it says I'm holding a watermelon or small pumpkin - YIKES!!

No comments: