The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Too many choices....well at least for now

We decided to stroll through the baby gear section at Target.  I figure we need to start looking so as I read hints, tips or suggestions I'll have some idea of what is being talked about.  For instance, the word 'pack and play' meant nothing to me so telling me what options it should have meant less than nothing.  After about 10 minutes in this baby gear section (10 minutes might be a stretch) my attention span wandered and I was looking at the home goods across the aisle.  It wasn't because I wasn't interested, but all I could really tell between the major items was that they differed in cutesy patterns.  Your choice of car seat, stroller and pack and play primarily differed by if you wanted a girl pattern, boy pattern, a pattern trying to be unisex or a very lively animal print.  Now I know it is more complicated than this, but for now I think I garnered all the info I needed.  The overall conclusion I came to was I guess I better wait until I know the sex of the baby.  Once I know that little nugget of info I can concentrate on the various cool options each had and of course pick the appropriate cutesy pattern.  I've added a Boy/Girl poll to the side if you'd like to vote :)

1 comment:

Kiera and Joe said...

I have lots of tips on baby gear if you are interested :) We did lots of research on safety for car seats, etc. My best word of advice, check craigslist or garage sales for now. Most people only use things a few times, especially if they only have 1 child and you can get some AMAZING deals!!! Almost brand new stuff for less than 1/2 the price. You definitely want to buy some things new, but just keep your eye open for those crazy good deals! I got my pack and play from a friend's neighbor who's child used it 5 times or less and it was $15.00. I have used it on trips a few times, so definitely something to get but maybe not something to spend full price on if you can find a good deal :) Hope that helps a bit!!