The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A new mall experience

I headed out to the mall today to go to our Kirkland's that is shutting down.  Everything in the store is 75% off so I figured I'd go check it out.  I got there only to realize the ENTIRE store was already sold out... so I decided not to waste the trip to the mall and do a little shopping around.  This is where things got a little strange for me.  I was headed to my usual favorite stores... GAP, Banana Republic, etc.., only to realize that shopping for clothes has become super lame.  I can't buy any clothes right now, not really now that I'm pregnant, not from these stores anyway.  I mean there is a shirt or tank top here or there that is definitely something I could **grow** into and would look cute, but overall my options were considerably limited.  I quickly changed my game plan and went to Pottery Barn, Williams and Sonoma and then left the mall.  I didn't leave empty handed I found some nice lounge wear (drawstring pants) that I can definitely use throughout the pregnancy, but the new spring fashions just weren't as exciting.  There were some spring dresses that might be great options as I get bigger, but I'll save those for later once I can try them on with an actual **bump** to make sure they don't look ridiculous :)  I guess the good thing about all of this is that I'll save some money by not shopping. 

No comments: